Liverpool John Moores University is offering a 50% free online tuition, MA in Mass Communications, in partnership with UNICAF Scholarship program.
The programme will explore mass communications across a range of media forms including entertainment media, broadcast and digital, public relations, advertising and journalism.
Aim of Study
This online study will address issues of policy, governance, professional practice, international communication flows, digitalisation, political economy, cultural practice and research methods.
The programme aims to provide a progressive and challenging curriculum that is informed by contemporary research and responsive to the changing nature of the communication industries worldwide.
The specific aims of the programme are to enable students to Critique key theories and concepts that underpin the study of mass communications, Undertake the evaluation of contemporary mass communications scholarship and professional practice Critically debate the political, legal and ethical aspects of media and communication processes, systems and participation.
Recognise and anticipate developments in the role played by media and communication in the economic and political organisation at local, national, regional, international and global levels Carry out original and independent research through the development of a critical appreciation of research methodologies appropriate for the study of media and mass communications.
Meet the challenges of employment in a global society through the development of their intellectual, analytical and research skills related to the study of mass communication.
Entry Requirements For Admission
- An accredited UK Honours degree with a minimum 2.2 classification or international equivalent. Some professional qualifications may also be acceptable. Extensive professional experience may also be considered.
- Official transcripts from all universities, colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended.
- English Proficiency: Students satisfy the English proficiency requirements provided they present a GCSE score with a minimum grade of “C” or IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of at least 6.0 (and no individual component lower than 5.5) or equivalent qualification. Students who do not acquire the above-mentioned qualifications are required to take the online Academic English Placement Test. This is an IELTS-type test (Reading & Writing) where students need to score an overall 6.0 (with no individual component lower than 5.5).
- Personal Statement (minimum 500 words) explaining how the programme of study will benefit the student’s career progression.
- Up to date CV
- Two references (academic or professional) listed on CV stating the referee’s full name, contact details, and relationship to the applicant.
How To Apply
To apply for the UNICAF free online studies, MA in Mass Communications, Liverpool John Moores University, check HERE for the application form and mode of application.