Jessica Simpson has claimed she turned down the lead role in the 2004 film The Notebook because there was a sex scene in the script.



The singer and actor made the revelation in her new memoir, Open Book, explaining she rejected the opportunity to play Allie, who was eventually portrayed by Rachel McAdams.



“I knew exactly what the movie was about because I had read the script,” she writes, adding she decided not to accept the part “because they wouldn’t budge on taking out the sex scene”.



She added: “And it would have been with Ryan Gosling, of all people. Simpson revealed Gosling was her first crush in the 1990s, when they auditioned for The Mickey Mouse Club together.



The Notebook, which told the story of a couple who fall in love in the 1940s, went on to become one of the most popular romantic dramas of the 2000s.



Plan to give Civil Aviation Authority powers to force airlines to pay pandemic refunds scrapped Elsewhere in her memoir, Simpson wrote that she was sexually abused as a child, and that it led to a dependence on drugs and alcohol as an adult.



“It would start with tickling my back and then go into things that were extremely uncomfortable,” she writes, in an extract published by People Magazine. “For six years, I was abused by this girl during our family’s visits.
Jessica Simpson Nears Deal to Buy Back Brand in Sequential Bankruptcy
Sequential Brands Group Inc. is nearing the end of the process for divesting some of its brands after it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection last month.



According to a source close to the deal, Jessica Simpson and her family are close to completion of a deal to buy back the portion of her namesake brand sold to Sequential in 2015.



Jessica and her mother, Tina Simpson, who currently own 37.5% of the brand, are positioned as the stalking horse bidders to buy back the remaining 62.5% of the brand, according to a hearing held last week.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here